Sunday, January 18, 2009

Give me revelation! Show me the truth!

This will be a 2 part blog. I'll start with the amazingness Jesus did in me this morning and end with what the heck I've been up to for the past 8 days.


Starting part:
So, I couldn't figure out why I was having such a blogging block. I mean, yea, I totally got off track when I got sucked in to the saga (I'm only human after all) and then there was suddenly just this wall in my life. My prayer life suffered. My quiet time was suffering. And for the first time in a long time, I felt cut off from God. I started really realizing that last night, and it didn't sit well with me.

This morning after Sunday school, I got it. Seriously, God will use the most random things to show you stuff, if that's what its gonna take. Well, it took Humpty Dumpty. No, I'm serious. One of the preschool classes had been doing that this week so there were all these pictures of little cuties wearing a cardboard cut out of an egg in suspender shorts (adorable, btw). Well, that's what it took. That's how I realized that I'd let some sin in (I'm not gonna get into it, because the sin itself is not what's important here) and I'd gotten pretty wrapped up in it so I just pushed my relationship with God on the other side of my heart and built up little sin bricks. Okay, or huge sin bricks. Well, the thing is, now I know. And I've begun the process of reunifying Germany, I mean, my heart. I already did the hard part, which is realizing what's going on and asking God for forgiveness and help. And by faith, I know He's all over it.

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Ending part:
Last week was probably the most action packed week I've had in months. Lunch with Kacie and the McGuires on Sunday, dinner with Kacie, Dayna, and Megan on Tuesday followed by drinks at Dayna's hotel with Megan's Travis joining us, dinner with Zack on Thursday, shower invites ALL DAY Friday, and purchasing our bridesmaid dresses with my SIL and 3 of my cousins on Saturday. I realized how much I miss social time when I don't have it. This Friday I'm headed to Austin for the night, and I'm peeing my pants with excitement about spending the night at Ross' condo with him and Jen the Puma Chola. Also on the agenda is FINALLY seeing Twilight with Alyssa on Saturday before heading back to Katy. Short trip, but good for my souuuuuuuuul.

1 comment:

Eryn, Bo, Jackson, Lily, and Josiah said...

Dude, I know exactly what you are talking about; no details needed. I am so happy for you that you're tearing down the wall--I am doing the same thing in my life.

I LOVE YOU.