Wednesday, October 15, 2008

devotional snippet

So, I'm not going to talk about Sunday other than to thank everyone for their love and support. I am truly blessed. I'm glad I'm in Dallas at April and Dave's and not in Katy, though, because its kept me from sinking into a pity party funk.

On Monday, I got my Christianity.com devotional in my inbox. Ever since the moment I read it, I have felt better. I don't feel burdened or wounded. God is good. Here's the best parts.



"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up." Luke 18:1 (NIV)

(she told a story about her son playing football)
The parallel to our prayer lives is astounding. Too often, I have given up praying about a concern, believing the play to be over. Perhaps I think God answered "no" when I don't see an answer in my timeline. Sometimes I see things with human eyes, and give up too soon. I wonder how many times we've stopped praying just shy of experiencing healing, freedom from addiction, or the salvation of someone we love. I'm thankful my family and I never stopped praying about my dad's salvation. He came to Christ two weeks before he died.

Just as my son learned to block until the whistle blows, may we be encouraged to pray until the trumpet blows, revealing that Jesus has returned to earth. In other words -- never give up!


Heavenly Father, I praise You for Your power and majesty. There is nothing in the universe that is too big for You to handle. Help me to remember that You want to hear my prayers, and You delight in answering them when it brings glory to Your name. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



See? God is good.

No comments: