Friday, September 12, 2008

waiting is the hardest part

It's just shy of 10pm on Friday. Ike should be making landfall in the next 2-3 hours. We still have power. We're still dry. Our wind is a bit gusty.

The generator is set up, and we have the essentials ready to go for the night - ie the worst of the storm.
-fridge
-lamps
-fans
-tv
-dvd player

Also, I baked a Hurricake. It's AWESOME.

We have everything we would need, including extra toilet paper. The only way we could possibly be more secure is if our windows were boarded up. Almost no one in this area has them boarded, so I don't super concerned. Dad and I did a bang up job securing everything outside this morning.

Now it's just the waiting game...

I wish I could stop thinking about Hurricane Ivan. I remember how that storm ate me up inside, how worried I was about D, and how hard it was to get ahold of him for days. I totally understand how some of y'all are feeling right now. I really do appreciate all of the calls and texts I've gotten today. I feel so loved by my amazing friends. Thanks y'all. Cell service will get spotty around the storm, but keep trying and I will try my best to let y'all know how we fared as soon as I can!

I loooooooooooove you. And your prayers.

No comments: