Wednesday, June 25, 2008

just like the moon

I am having such a God-filled day, and it feels unbelievably good.

I just spent a wonderful 2 hours with the care pastor from my church. I had spoken with her shortly after my arrival in Katy, because I had submitted a prayer request, but it was a quick phone call mostly of her offering help and me declining it. I wasn't going to be here that long, remember? I wonder how things would be different if I had let her in back then... hindsight. Anyway, the point is she is wonderful (Katy, you were right, as per usual), and I feel renewed for the next round of the this fight. She's provided me with some help, and she's reaching out to D with some things, too. God is good, all the time.

I did get little bit of a late start today, so I saved my devotional readings for when I got home. Excellent decision. I'd like to share it with you.

"In college I was required to take an astronomy course. We learned about comets, stars, and galaxies, but my favorite part of the course was the section about the moon. It was fascinating to discover the reason for the craters, the phases of the moon, and its influence on the earth. I love being able to look at the moon through a telescope and see its beauty magnified. I feel so close to God, and I marvel at the beauty and harmony of creation.

The phase of the moon that amazes me the most is the new moon. This occurs when the earth is between the sun and the moon, casting a shadow on the moon. Although we are unable to see the moon while it is in this phase, we know that it is still there.

This constant presence reminds me that God will always be with us. Whether life's struggles cast a shadow on His presence or the clear skies illuminate it, God's promise to be with us overwhelmingly abounds. Its comforting to know that in a culture where seeing means believing, God transcends all proof and allows trust and faith to flourish.

To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of the things we cannot see. -Hebrews 11:1"

Pretty awesome, huh? I think that reading that after I had been filled at my meeting really helped me get more from it. Faith and Hope are my weapons in the fight, so God strengthens and replenishes them for me in the coolest ways.

Basically, I was wrong. He's not still hiding His face from me. It's just a shadow. It's just like the moon.

No comments: