Monday, June 16, 2008

aaaand it starts.

My SIL has 2 blogs that I read regularly, as do several other people, and this morning in church I felt the urge to start one of my own. God was filling me with about a million things and I just wanted to get them out. Ever feel like you just have to talk about something but then you don't know who to call? Most of the time that's a sign that it's time to pray, but what happens when you pray and pray and you still feel like you didn't get it all out? Well, you blog!

I love the internet.

My intent is to, well, get it all out! I want to talk about what God's doing in my life or the lessons He's teaching me. Sometimes, I want to just share my blessings, which are more often than not found in the small and simple things in my life. Other times, I'm sad/frustrated/angry/etc.

A little overview, in case you didn't already know...

I'm 26 and back in my parents' house. Not because I want to, oh no, but because my husband of 2 years has decided that he "just isn't meant for marriage". He's in Dallas with our cats, wanting a divorce, and I'm in Houston praying about it. Please feel free to pray for us, too. I work very part time as a promotions rep for mostly wines. I also have Type 1 Diabetes, so every so often you'll see a post or blurb about that. My life is very much a day by day thing right now, full of ups and downs, and moments (good and bad) that deepen my relationship with Jesus.

4 comments:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Susan - long time no talk. I stumbled across your blog today via Facebook and I think it's a great idea. I want you to know that my heart goes out to you in this very difficult time and I'll be praying for you, wishing you the best.

Your first posting nearly brought tears to my eyes b/c you're such a wonderful person - but I can tell you this: you WILL get through this. You're SUCH a strong woman (always have been) and I know you have an incredible family behind you as well.

Take care of yourself and let me know if you need someone to listen.

Anonymous said...

Suzy....I had no idea this was going on. I also came across your blog on facebook and can't believe your post! I'm praying heavily for you girl, and for your marriage. I am so, so very sorry, but I love you lots and I know your strength will carry you through this. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

God Bless, and hang in there.

Melodie Ann said...

Suz -- I ran across your post on facebook this morning. Praying for you! Let me know if you need to vent. Melodie

Kyle, Tiffany, Samantha and Christopher said...

Hey Susan! Like everyone else it seems, I stumbled on your blog via facebook. Wow, I had no idea you were going through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.