Thursday, September 3, 2009

clarification

I reread my last entry and realized that it just might appall some real moms. I just want to clarify that I'm not trying to be their mother. They have a mother, and she will always be that to them. My role will be their step-mom, and that's exactly what I want to be. I mean, I obviously want to be more to them than just "Daddy's girlfriend" or at some point "Daddy's wife" (yea, I just said that). We were very clear with the kids that neither of us will ever ask them to call me "Mom", that it will always be up to them what they call me. I'm not trying to adopt them or turn them against their mom or anything like that.

I hope no one took it as anything other than that.

1 comment:

MelodieGRamirez said...

Hey Girl!

I finally have the new blog up and running. http://sometimeslifehasotherideas.blogspot.com/

gilliamramirez.blogspot.com will be gone in a few days.